Please read this BEFORE filling out the application at the bottom of this page.
What are the Market hours, location and dates for the 2017-2018 season?
Summer – The 2018 Carmel Farmers Market hours are 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM. The Market is held every Saturday from May through September on Center Green at the Center for the Performing Arts. The address is 5 Center Green.
Winter – The 2017-2018 hours are 9 AM to 12 noon, every Saturday from October 21 through February 24. This Market is located at The Wire Factory, 510 3rd AV, SW in the heart of Carmel.
How many people attend CFM?
Attendance for the 2017 Summer Market was 80,000 visitors. Winter markets, by their very nature, are much more lightly attended than outdoor, summer markets. Due to the change in location.
What products are permitted for sale at the Market?
• Only Indiana-grown or produced agricultural products may be sold at the Market. A rare exception may be made for agricultural products that are not grown in Indiana.
• NO CRAFT ITEMS OF ANY TYPE ARE ALLOWED.
Are there other facts about the Market I should know?
- • Vendors must reside in Indiana.
- • Vendors who sell or sample any food for consumption on-site must have a seasonal vendor permit from the Hamilton County Health Department.
- • Foods prepared off-site must be made in a certified kitchen.
- • All vendors must provide proof of insurance.
- • Vendors must grow and/or produce themselves at least 50% of everything sold at the Market. Products may not be purchased from any type of middleman.
- • Vendors must provide all their own equipment, including a 10’x10′ canopy and tables.
- • We rarely accept weekly vendors.
- • Vendors must agree to be at the market for the entire season.
What are the details in regards to new vendors for the 2017 season?
Vendors from the prior summer season, whom we invite back, will choose their spaces for the upcoming season prior to our annual vendor reception in late January of each year.
- • Once those vendors have chosen their spaces, our New Vendor Selection Committee will review the number of spaces we have open for new Vendors to be added. They will analyze what we need at the Market in the way of product … what we have too much of, what we don’t have enough of, etc.
- • New vendors will then be selected based on the entire range of products they wish to sell at the Market. Those that are selected are given their contracts to sign in early March. Vendors are not selected on a first-come, first-served basis, but only on the basis of what we need or don’t need in the Market to keep it fresh, interesting for the visitors and profitable for our vendors.
- • At least 50% of the products sold at the Market must be grown and/or produced by the Vendor. The remainder can only be purchased directly from another grower. No products sold at the Market may be purchased from a middleman such as a commission house, food broker or auction. Farm visits will be made prior to and during the growing season and receipts for purchased produce may be requested.
- • Cost for the full season is based on the size of space you select. (notice copy has been deleted here) The current cost ranges from $150 for the smallest space to $250 for the largest space. With few exceptions do we permit weekly Vendors.
- • Vendor spaces range from 20’ x 20’ to 40’ x 20’. Your vehicle may be parked in the space, but only if it fits completely within the space itself and no part of it, including trailer hitches or tongues, falls over the line into an adjoining space.
- • If you plan to cut, pierce, cold hold or hot hold any edible product you must have a seasonal vendor permit from the Hamilton County Health Department.
- • The 2009 Change in State Law notwithstanding, if you prepare any food off-site to be sold at the Market, that food must be made in a certified commercial kitchen. This includes baked goods. You will need to provide a health department certified kitchen inspection from the county in which your certified kitchen is located. If that kitchen is in Hamilton County you will need to have an inspection by the HCHD.
- • Vendors must provide proof of adequate insurance coverage prior to the beginning of the season along with all other required permits.
- • Absolutely no crafts are permitted for sale.
Details for the Winter Market are very similar to those above with the following exceptions:
- • Space sizes are much smaller
- • The Market is held indoors
- • All spaces are the same size and each cost $150. for the season
- • The new vendor selection process is less formal. It begins during the summer with inquiries from both existing and new vendors
Again, thank you for your interest in the Carmel Farmers Market. If you would like to be considered for either of our Markets, please fill out the form below, providing as much information as possible. If you do not have access to the Internet, please send us a note at Carmel Farmers Market, PO Box 4292, Carmel, IN 46082-4292. We will then mail an application.
(Please remember that filling out the form does not mean that you have been selected to be a part of the Market.)