Carmel Farmers Market On Center Green
The Carmel Farmers Market (CFM), a growers- and producers-only market, is an exciting and bountiful place to buy your fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, eggs, plants and prepared foods. Only edible products, with the exception of annuals and perennials, may be sold at the Market. No craft items are sold. When you shop at the CFM, you get the freshest, most delicious foods available from the growers themselves! And, with few exceptions, all products are grown and/or produced in Indiana. There are also plenty of prepared foods such as jams, salsas, breakfast sandwiches, Belgian waffles, Danish pastries, cheeses and honey. Cooking demonstrations, children’s activities, and live music, all taking place adjacent to Carmel’s Palladium concert hall, make supporting local Indiana growers fun for the entire family! Come visit the Market for breakfast or lunch, while listening to live music from the Carmel Rotary Amphitheater.
What are the Market hours, location and dates for the 2013 Season?
The Market will be held every Saturday morning from May 18 through October 5 on Carmel’s Center Green, located adjacent to the Palladium concert hall. Hours are 8 to 11:30 AM.
Where do I park?
We have free, safe parking in the adjoining 600-car parking garage. Step out of your car, walk a maximum of 150 feet, take the elevator to the first floor and you are in the heart of the Market. Plus your car is shaded from the summer sun.
How many people attended last summer’s Market?
This past summer, our thirteenth season, we averaged 55 vendors per week and had visits from nearly 61,000 people.
What products are permitted for sale at the Market?
- Only Indiana-grown or produced agricultural products may be sold at the Market. A rare exception may be made for agricultural products that are not grown in Indiana.
- No craft items of any type are allowed.
Are Pets Allowed?
Pets are NOT permitted on the Market grounds in order to protect the health, safety and sanitation of the Market.
How can I keep up with what is going on at the Market?
Sign up for our email newsletter, friend us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Are there other things I might want to know about the Carmel Farmers Market?
- Vendors must reside in Indiana
- Foods prepared off-site must be made in a certified kitchen
- At least 50% of the products sold at the Market must be grown and/or produced by the Vendor. The remainder can only be purchased directly from another grower (with the exception of beverages). No products sold at the Market may be purchased from a middleman such as a commission house, food broker or auction. The Market has a vendor Relations Committee that visits our Vendors prior to and during the growing season to make sure this rule is followed. At times the Committee will even ask Vendors for receipts for purchased produce.
- The Carmel Farmers Market was founded in 1999. It is managed by an all-volunteer board.
- We welcome inquiries from prospective new Vendors. Whether you are an experienced farmers market participant with a traditional product, or you have a new food item you would like to begin to market, feel free to contact us. If you do become interested in actually being a Vendor at the Market, please read our Vendor FAQ section, then submit and application by clicking on the link.
- Carmel-based community groups have access to the space we have set aside for that purpose. If you would like more information about the Community space, contact us for a copy of our Guidelines for Community Group Participation.
- The Market is made possible by the financial support of civic-minded sponsors. Our presenting sponsor is IU Health – North Hospital.